A sustainable tourism event will be held on 17th July 2019 in North Sutherland. Booking is essential. It is not a free event. If you feel as though you may be able to get a grant to attend, please contact Highlands and Islands Enterprise board. You will no doubt have to pay then claim the money back from them.
- Welcome address – Tina Irving
- Introducing sustainable tourism
- How does sustainable tourism relate to the North Highland Way? A course is being developed on line.
- Key note speaker – yet to be advised
- About Travelife
- Update of feasibility study and business plan
- Update regarding Sutherland Space Hub. We have documents from HIE and the Highland Council. A one page report only available to attendees or paid up members of the Friends of the North Highland Way.
- Launch of the new passport for the North Highland Way – featuring 6 churches on the north coast. The passport incorporates information about bed and breakfasts and hotels in the area. Again, this is not a free product.
You can book here
Dinner can be booked here.
If you have accommodation requests, please ask email@example.com
Due to the venue only been available for a very short time, the event will only be for two hours – 18:00 to 20:00.
She is a member of the NUJ in Belfast having lived and worked at Dunnet Head for 16 years. She has a Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Economics from Heriot Watt University in Scotland.