A sustainable tourism event will be held on 17th July 2019 in North Sutherland. Booking is essential. It is not a free event. If you feel as though you may be able to get a grant to attend, please contact Highlands and Islands Enterprise board. You will no doubt have to pay then claim the money back from them.
The North Highland Way is a sustainable tourism route. We are working hard with a number of environmental organisations in Ireland, both North and South, to bring about change, and raise the awareness further of climate change. This site will shortly be subsumed into the North Highland Way project, where it rightly belongs.
- Welcome address – Tina Irving
- Introducing sustainable tourism
- How does sustainable tourism relate to the North Highland Way? A course is being developed on line.
- Key note speaker – yet to be advised
- About Travelife
- Update of feasibility study and business plan
- Update regarding Sutherland Space Hub. We have documents from HIE and the Highland Council. A one page report only available to attendees or paid up members of the Friends of the North Highland Way. We have recently requested information from Scottish Natural Heritage and the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency.
- Launch of the new passport for the North Highland Way – featuring 6 churches on the north coast. The passport incorporates information about bed and breakfasts and hotels in the area. Again, this is not a free product.
You can book here
Dinner can be booked here.
If you have accommodation requests, please ask email@example.com
Due to the venue only been available for a very short time, the event will only be for two hours – 18:00 to 20:00.
She is a member of the NUJ in Belfast having lived and worked at Dunnet Head for 16 years. She has a Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Economics from Heriot Watt University in Scotland.
This site will shortly be subsumed into our overall consultancy offering. Rachel Carson Enterprises is the environmental division of TDM Consultancy Services, registered in Ireland.